Building Maintenance Person
Avondale University is seeking a Building Maintenance Person to join the Maintenance team at Avondale on a full-time basis.
Be challenged and imagine with us
In this exciting diverse role you will be responsible for undertaking routine and on-demand Maintenance work throughout the University while working with a supportive team of people.
What will you do?
Some of the main duties will include:
- Undertaking routine and on-demand maintenance work throughout the University in a timely manner.
- Assist in the maintenance, presentation and appearance of buildings.
To be successful in the Maintenance Person role, you will be passionate about creating a positive and safe experience for everyone who utilises the Avondale buildings and grounds. You will enjoy an environment where no two days are the same, and possess a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a varying range of tasks across all areas of building maintenance (e.g. fitting locks, replacing taps).
- A NSW manual driver’s license.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise work requirements to meet predefined deadlines.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Effectively relate to staff and students in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, assess, prioritise and control risks to the health and safety of staff, students and visitors and to the environment arising from the operation of the department respectively.
- Promote a safe work place and identify and rectify unsafe practices. Ensure that a system of work that is safe and without risk to health is developed, documented and followed by staff and students through appropriate training, supervision and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to follow equal opportunity policies and programs.
- Support the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale.
- Physically fit in order to meet the inherent physical demands of the role.
- A trade certificate in a relevant building trade (e.g. carpentry).
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to varying environments, responsibilities or people so that the best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Carpentry skills
- Plumbing skills
- General building maintenance
- Half day Friday’s
- Discounted gym memberships
- Heavily discounted further study options
- Discounted school fees for attendance at Adventist schools
- Free access to onsite 25 metre heated swimming pool on Lake Macquarie campus
- Free access to onsite ovals, tennis courts, squash courts and Auditorium on Lake Macquarie campus
- Free access to Avondale Libraries
- Café on Lake Macquarie Campus
- Values driven organisation
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Avondale University’s People and Culture Manager at [email protected].
Email your application to [email protected], including:
- A resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Salary: Level 4 $62,935 – $66,117 per annum, plus superannuation.
Please note that we will be conducting interviews as applications come in, so please do not delay submitting your application. A final appointment will only be made after the application closing date has passed.
Applications close 21 April 2023
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not appoint, or appoint by invitation.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.