Faith FM Broadcast Infrastructure Project Manager
Australian Union Conference
Do you have a passion for spreading the gospel through various media? If so, Faith FM wants you on their team! The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is expanding their Faith FM team and is seeking an experienced engineer to coordinate and run an exciting 3-year infrastructure project. This person is able to demonstrate excellent management and communication skills along with adaptability and the ability to work well under pressure. Relevant experience and/or training commensurate with the position are also a must. In this role, you would facilitate the deployment of 50 low-powered FM radio broadcast sites each year over the next three years, by effectively managing these projects and coordinating associated workflows, and working closely with the Faith FM Radio Communications Engineer. This full-time position is based at the Australian church’s administrative office in Ringwood, Melbourne, with relocation assistance if required.
To excel in this role, you will be a service-oriented person who is well organised and adaptable, with the following:
- Be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
- A strong connection with God and open to God’s leading and new ideas.
- Must have, and maintain eligibility for, a valid Working with Children Check (Employee) or equivalent, meet Adsafe requirements and other applicable requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience for effective project management.
- Ability to work in a technical environment and to learn and understand the technical requirements associated with these projects.
- A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Union, Conferences, and local churches) in Australia – particularly in relation to the Faith FM radio ministry – would be highly regarded.
- Must be able to keep confidences and work with integrity when liaising with team members and external people in a pleasant and professional manner and a positive attitude that is representative of the Church.
- Formal training and/or demonstrated experience in radio, broadcasting, media, technology, or other related field would be highly regarded, but is not required.
- Some flexibility in working hours, by negotiation, may be required based on project needs.
If you have qualifications and experience in a project management role (or similar) and are looking for an opportunity to serve the church, please contact [email protected] for a full position description and application requirements. Applications close 16th January 2023.
An expression of interest email should include the following:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (listed in the Position Description)
- Recent CV or Resumé
- Three work-related referees
- Contact details of your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early. Only those who have a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application details in due course
To apply for this job email your details to AUCHR@adventist.org.au.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.