Australian Union Conference
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is looking for a friendly and efficient individual to join our office team as Receptionist and Personal Assistant to both the People and Culture Manager, and the Director of Children’s Ministries on a full-time basis. As the front desk representative of the office, the Union receptionist will have a warm and pleasant personality, while also being very people-focused and welcoming, making guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises. As a PA, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent time management skills along with adaptability and the ability to work well under pressure and manage confidential information. This broad and varied role requires excellence in written and verbal communication, high computer fluency, strong organisational skills and a passion for supporting varying ministries at the national level. For the full selection criteria, please email [email protected].
- To excel in this role, you will be a service-oriented person who is well organised and adaptable, with the following:
- Be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
- Demonstrated experience in similar administrative tasks, with and/or appropriate qualifications.
- A working knowledge of the church and its management throughout the Australian Union Conference would be highly regarded.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and electronically with confidence and clarity; listen actively and respond with empathy; and deal effectively with difficult callers/visitors.
- Above average skills in word processing with good application of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Must be able to keep confidences and liaise with church members and the general public in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ability to represent the Seventh-day Adventist Church in an ethical and professional manner and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Working with Children Check (or equivalent) clearance, and Adsafe requirements.
If you have qualifications and experience in an administrative support role (or similar) and are looking for an opportunity to serve the church, please contact [email protected] for a position description and application requirements. Applications close 17th February 2023.
An expression of interest email should include the following:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (listed in the Position Description)
- Recent CV or Resumé
- Three work-related referees
- Contact details of your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early. Only those who have a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application details in due course
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.