Manager – Home Care
Adventist Senior Living
Leader in the Aged Care Industry
Aged care is never just a job. It can’t be.
At Adventist Senior Living, you’ll work with people and an organisation who are truly dedicated to the impact we have on people’s lives. And we see it as a huge privilege to serve and support older people and their families across Northern New South Wales.
Join us as a Home Care Manager – North Coast on a permanent basis and be valued for who you are and all that you bring.
For them – here’s how you’ll contribute
The role is based in Alstonville and manages our Home Care Department, it provides care services and solutions to consumers so that consumer goals are met, financial benefits to the consumer are optimised and organisational objectives are achieved.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in leading a team including team members working remotely.
- Extensive knowledge of aged care and community services, government support services and resources.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in delivery of clinical care (direct or supervision of) including client care, medications, wound care, risk management, dementia and palliative care.
- Knowledge of aged care regulations, the CDC environment and the services ASL can provide.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including basic Word, basic Excel and basic Outlook. Basic rostering and client scheduling software (Turnpoint). Intermediate skills in a clinical management program (iCare).
Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Setting and monitoring budgets for clients and service delivery.
- Conducting investigations and audits and addressing corrective actions.
- Analysing and problem solving
- Persuading and influencing – works with multiple stakeholders to reach agreement and deliver solutions
- Working with people – particularly the elderly and their families or clients with reduced capacity or who are seeking additional support
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Demonstrated commitment to a positive organisational culture and ASL’s signature behaviours of commitment, future, mission, respect and honesty.
- First aid certificate
- Driver’s license
- NDIS Clearance
What really matters here – and what makes Adventist Senior Living work – are our shared values. We’re united by a deep sense of care. A care that’s kind, compassionate and humble, yet also driven, determined and resilient. And for us, that’s a non-negotiable.
Why join Adventist Senior Living?
Aged care is never just a job. It can’t be. And anyone who’s worked in aged care will tell you it’s no easy ride. But we’re with you. And together, we can make all the difference. Here at Adventist Senior Living, you’ll find a close, supportive community, opportunities to grow your skills, and leaders who care as much as you. You’ll also find a host of benefits that support your wellbeing and career growth, such as:
Salary packaging options for permanent staff: benefit from tax savings by paying for certain everyday expenses from your salary before tax is taken out
Ongoing training and development: receive individualised professional development support, paid training attendance, and success planning discussions.
Great career progression: we support your career progression with bi-annual traineeship opportunities, internal advertisement of vacant positions, Graduate RN programs, scholarships, Leadership development and Quarterly Leader Forums.
For them, with you.
Ready to take the next step in your career at Adventist Senior Living? We’d love to hear from you. For further enquiries email [email protected]
Our mission is to serve and provide person-centred care and support based on Christian principles. Does that mean we only welcome people of Christian faith? Absolutely not. We value the uniqueness of every person, and are proud to employ, serve and learn from people from all walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.