Chief Executive Officer
Adventist Aviation Services PNG
Mission Aviation using PAC 750 XL turbine aircraft
Adventist Aviation Services PNG [AAS] is seeking applicants for the full-time live-in position of Chief Executive Officer.
Function: Directs the overall operations of Adventist Aviation Services, thereby exercising full operational control of the organization on behalf of the Seventh-Day Adventist church.
Reports to: Papua New Guinea Union Mission [PNGUM]
May deal directly with CASA PNG regarding any matter relating to AAS in its operation under PNG Civil Aviation Rules.
List of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs the overall operations of AAS, thereby exercising full operational control of the
· organization on behalf of the SDA church
· Exemplify and maintain safety as a core value of AAS organization.
· Is the liaison point between AAS and its parent bodies in the SDA church.
· Is a member of the Executive Committee of the PNG Union Mission
· Is the secretary of the PNG Union Mission AAS Board
· Has authority to ensure that the activities of the organization can be financed.
· Ensures that the organization complies with, and that its activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Civil Aviation Rules
· Monitors the overall performance of AAS, particularly its effectiveness in accomplishing its
stated mission, and financial status.
· Presents to PNGUM for nomination, the Chief Executive Officer, and senior persons,
composed of the Quality and Safety Manager, Maintenance Manager, Flight Operations Manager and Maintenance Controller, and recommends them to CASA PNG for acceptance and approval.
· Monitors the performance of the senior personnel in the execution of their duties.
· Provides managerial support to the senior personnel for the implementation of Civil Aviation Rules and church aviation policy.
· Has authority to write and amend job descriptions of personnel.
· Is personnel manager for AAS PNG, having authority to appoint and terminate from AAS employment, all staff; senior personnel, office and ground support staff as required, and direct their activities.
· Is responsible for aiding and assisting the Flight Operations Manager in executing the emergency response procedure or assuming FOM’s role if he is unavailable.
Please contact AAS CEO, John Castleden [email protected] +61 0438 109 173
Please send a letter of interest, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Email: mailto: [email protected]
Fax: +612 9489 0943
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.