International Programs Coordinator
ADRA Australia Limited
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Australia is seeking a qualified and experienced Programs Coordinator who is passionate and knowledgeable about the development sector and who will make a real contribution to our International Programs team.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the official humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. As part of the global ADRA network which reaches into more than 118 countries, we are motivated by our faith, to enable people and communities in Australia, the South Pacific, Asia and Africa to improve their health and livelihoods and assist people to prepare for and recover from disasters around the world.
What will you do?
Some of the duties include:
- Coordinating the sectoral/thematic program across the agency (as a focal person either on Health, Livelihoods or Education)
- Managing international development projects and associated partnerships
- Ensure projects are operating effectively and within budget by supporting partners to ensure appropriate development and relief practices succeed and archive the desired objectives
- Living out our values of Connected, Courageous and Compassionate in all interactions with others
- Commitment to the purpose of ADRA, and to the achievement of our overall strategy and priorities with demonstration of our ADRA values and desired team culture lived out in all aspects of work practice;
- Willingness to work within a Christian ethos with conduct that is respectful of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church when in the workplace or otherwise representing ADRA Australia;
- A post-graduate degree in development studies or related field. At least three years’ experience within the Development and/or Humanitarian sector, with exposure to project management in cross cultural contexts. Clear understanding of Inclusion Integration and Environmental Protection themes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with confidence in data management in various software programs with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to work consultatively and collaboratively with internal, external and international stakeholders of various backgrounds, cultures and ages and communicate effectively;
- Demonstrated church and government relationship building and networking skills;
- A passion for social justice and sustainable development with a coherent understanding of the causes and mechanisms which create injustice and poverty;
- Ability to travel within Australia, the South Pacific, Asian and African Countries
- Proven ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures that are fit-for-purpose, and compliance with overarching protocols
Please visit our website https://www.adra.org.au/work-with-us/ for more specific information and to access the Job Description for this exciting and challenging role.
ADRA Australia is a child safe, PSEAH committed and inclusive EEO employer.
The successful applicant will have the legal right to live and work in Australia at the time of application.
ADRA Australia reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.