Emergency Management Program Officer
ADRA Australia Limited
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Australia is seeking a qualified and experienced Emergency Management Program Officer to join our Emergency Management team on a full-time basis.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the official humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. As part of the global ADRA network which reaches into more than 118 countries, we are motivated by our faith, to enable people and communities in Australia, the South Pacific, Asia and Africa to improve their health and livelihoods and assist people to prepare for and recover from disasters around the world.
What will you do?
Some of the duties include:
- Managing the Disaster Ready Church Program in Australia and selected International humanitarian projects and associated partnerships
- Supporting responses following disasters
- Apply your humanitarian experience to help Churches engage with their local communities to prepare for and respond to disasters
- Living out our values of Connected, Courageous and Compassionate in all interactions with the stakeholders
- Willingness to work within a Christian ethos with conduct that is respectful of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church when in the workplace or otherwise representing ADRA Australia.
- Commitment to the purpose of ADRA, and to the achievement of our overall strategy and priorities with demonstration of our ADRA values and desired team culture lived out in all aspects of work practice;
- A passion for meeting humanitarian needs and building personal and community resilience.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within stressful environments.
- A positive attitude complemented by high-level interpersonal skills, teamwork, and coaching ability;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from various cultural, educational, and religious backgrounds and ages to achieve collective goals.
- At least five years of proven experience within the development and/or humanitarian sector, with exposure to project management and emergency response in cross cultural contexts.
- A graduate degree in the humanitarian sector or related field
- Strong ability in using MS Office – MS Word, Outlook, Salesforce and other relevant software
- Proven project management and time management skills
- Ability to travel within Australia and the Pacific.
- Experience working on Church related projects
- Proven ability in managing programs which involve volunteers
- Proven ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures that strengthen partnerships and increase efficiency of project implementation
- Experience in management of Government grants
Please visit our website https://www.adra.org.au/work-with-us/ for more specific information and to access the Job Description for this exciting and challenging role.
ADRA Australia is a child safe, PSEAH committed and inclusive EEO employer.
The successful applicant will have the legal right to live and work in Australia at the time of application.
ADRA Australia reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.