Emergency Management Director
ADRA Australia Limited
ADRA Australia is seeking a qualified and experienced Emergency Management (EM) Director to join our senior management team.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the official humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. As part of the global ADRA network which reaches into more than 120 countries, we are motivated by our faith, to enable people and communities in Australia, the South Pacific, Asia and Africa to improve their health and livelihoods and assist people to prepare for and recover from disasters around the world.
What will you do?
Some of the duties include:
- Provide direction and oversight of the Emergency Management operations of ADRA Australia
- Drive EM strategy, develop in-house and partner country office EM staff capacity
- Ensure EM best practice is implemented and efficiently measured
- Grow the Emergency Management program internationally and in Australia
- Willingness to work within a Christian ethos with conduct that is respectful of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church when in the workplace or otherwise representing ADRA Australia and the desire to promote ADRA’s ministry to the Seventh‐day Adventist Church constituency and leadership.
- At least seven years’ experience within the humanitarian sector in senior leadership roles with a demonstrated cross-cultural expertise after working and living in international settings for at least five years.
- Master’s degree in Disaster/Emergency or International Development with Disaster Response emphasis.
- Demonstrated people skills to grow team engagement, culture, and continuous team capacity development.
- Demonstrated Emergency Management strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated Emergency Program Management Cycle, including risk assessments, reporting, monitoring, financial acquittals, and evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement National Emergency Management Plans (NEMPs).
- Demonstrated expertise on Logalto, Kobo Toolbox and other Humanitarian software.
- Demonstrated Emergency Business Development skills including proposal/grant writing and relationship development with DFAT, Australian Embassies, French government, the United Nations agencies, the European Union, etc.
- Demonstrated capacity in leading an Emergency Command Centre (ECC) and Emergency Response Teams (ERT) in natural and/or man-made disaster response and recovery.
- Demonstrated capacity in the development and delivery of Disaster-Ready Church Programs in the Pacific and Australia.
- Demonstrated church, donor, consortium, and government relationship building and networking skills, e.g. the Church Agency Network, ADRA Network Emergency Management Advisory Committee, Australian Humanitarian Partnerships.
- The ability to work and effectively communicate and adapt to a diverse team of professionals across the organisation.
- Ability to be deployed to a large ADRA network response, Pacific and Australian responses.
- Ability to travel extensively to the Pacific, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East as necessary.
How to Apply
The Job Description that will give you more specific information on this exciting and challenging role can be found at https://www.adra.org.au/work-with-us/
To apply, candidates should address the selection criteria in their application letter providing examples of past experiences and qualifications. Please forward your application letter, resume and the completed Employment Application form – along with the names of three work related referees to: [email protected].
If you have questions or need further information, please contact:
Gianina Coutts, Human Resources Coordinator for ADRA Australia,
Phone +61 2 9473 9525 or email: [email protected]
ADRA Australia is a child safe, PSEAH committed and inclusive EEO employer.
ADRA Australia reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.