Administrative Assistant – SPD Administration
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Do you have a passion to serve?
Enjoy being part of a team supporting the work of ministry leadership?
Do you love details and being organised?
Then this role could be for you!
Join the Division’s Administration team in this newly established full-time role supporting the work of our leadership and working collaboratively across the South Pacific Division territories. Early January 2024 start. The South Pacific Division (SPD) is the administrative head office of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and oversees the church’s work in the South Pacific island nations of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and other islands of the south pacific.
Why work for us?
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow personally, spiritually and professionally
- Flexible work arrangements with half day Fridays
- Strong Adventist ethos
- Employee discounts for Adventist Education school fees
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Access to ACA Health private insurance
About the team
The Division Administration team encompasses the senior officers (President, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer, and Associate Officer) of the Seventh-day Adventist church in the South Pacific as well as some ancillary and administrative support staff who help facilitate a productive and efficient leadership team.
About the Role
As the Administrative Assistant, you will join a team providing office support to those within Administration and its related leadership functions. You will work collaboratively with the other Administrative Assistants within the department to assist with scheduling and travel coordination, meetings and event planning, processing enquiries and documentation, as well as backfill their roles when needed. In addition to providing exceptional office administrative support, you will also assist in compiling minutes, statistics and research, manage outlook calendars, reconcile lists and policies, and help with projects as needed. Your proven delivery of high quality service combined with excellent people skills, great attention to detail and ability to multi-task will be crucial.
Based at the Division head office in Wahroonga, NSW, this role will primarily work within the Secretariat function of Administration and report directly to the Associate Officer.
For the full job description please email [email protected].
- Must be a practising, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values, and mission of the Church; and eligible to hold the appropriate licence with the Church.
- Appropriate secretarial/office administrative support qualifications or similar.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in office administrative support or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
- High level of computer literacy and competency with Microsoft windows environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Ability to prepare presentation and reports.
- Working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church organisation and its operations throughout the South Pacific Division.
- Previous office admin support experience in an Adventist employment context would be highly advantageous.
- Must show evidence of current unrestricted work rights in Australia.
APPLY NOW! send a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria, your CV, 3 work-related referees and the contact details of your Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Only those who have current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.