Accounts Clerk (Maternity Leave Cover)
Australian Union Conference
About the Position
Looking for an opportunity to use your financial expertise in a meaningful way? Join our team at the Australian Union Conference, an organisation dedicated to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ and serving our community.
As an Accounts Clerk, you will provide administrative support to our Finance team, maintaining financial records and providing financial information for decision-making. In this role, you will be responsible for processing accounts payable functions, and ensuring the security and confidentiality of personnel information. This is a full-time maternity leave cover role concluding in August 2024.
To succeed in this position, you’ll need excellent attention to detail, an understanding of relevant legislation, and the ability to work effectively within established standards and procedures.
About you (Selection Criteria)
We are looking for a practicing, baptised member of the Adventist Church who has an active relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep desire for worship and service to God.
In addition to your commitment to our mission, you should possess the following:
- The ability to communicate and liaise effectively with key stakeholders and work well in a team environment.
- The ability to keep information confidential and liaise with employees and persons outside the organisation in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Qualifications in accounts/bookkeeping or a related field of experience in a similar role is preferable.
- A working knowledge of standard office software programs, and in particular, accounting and payroll systems such as SUN and CHRIS21, with a high level of computer literacy.
- Being proactive in identifying potential workflow problems and suggesting possible solutions as appropriate.
- Proven self-motivation, high attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding attention to detail, with the ability to assess information critically, ensuring that outputs have a high level of accuracy.
If you’re looking for a chance to make a difference in a supportive, mission-driven environment, apply now to join our team! Please send your application to [email protected].
An expression of interest email should include the following:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria
- Recent Resumé
- Two work-related referees
- Contact details of your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early. Only those who have a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application details in due course.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.